Hello Fairies.. I am soooo sorry for the delay in my Fairy reports this week.. As many of you know I am deep in the midst of rehearsals for The Big Gay Sing 3-D.. and I've just been exhausted on the ferry.. as i said in my first post.. some days you'll hear a lot from me and some days you'll just get what you get... so I'm back today to close out the week with Amen Fairy Fridays
New York City has abandoned a plan for a pedestrian plaza in the middle of 34th Street
The plan would have banned vehicles from the heavily traveled street between Herald Square and the Empire State Building.Over the past two years, the city has banned cars from parts of Times Square, Union Square and Herald Square in an effort to make it more pedestrian friendly. Like we need more people walking around Herald Square..How about we give people money for hitting pedestrians on that street with their cars? Amen for that!!
Amen for the "The Star-Spangled Banner" This week we celebrated the 80th anniversary of the song being declared the official national anthem of the United States The melody is from an 18th-century English drinking song. The words are from Francis Scott Key's 1814 poem about the bombardment of Fort McHenry. Put them together and you have a recipe for potential public humiliation. (Thanks Christina. It was good for me.)Somewhere between "Oh, say, can you see" and "the home of the brave, people mangle the verses and end up bombing as spectacularly as the shells that were bursting in air over the ramparts in Baltimore two hundred years ago.
Ya'll know I like free bees. Well this isn't a free bee but it is a discount. For 15% off tickets to The Big Gay Sing 3-D, my show with the NYC Gay Men's Chorus, enter the code FFBGS3D it's only good until March 16th So get your tickets now!!
Today's Amen Fairy Friday cocktail is called "Bimbo Juice" and its courtesy of drinksmixer.com.. I love this site 'cause it allows you to scale the recipe for one or for multiple servings. This is the recipe as its given for one serving... (no wonder you become a bimbo when you drink it..) LOL. Cheers


No comments:
Post a Comment